my past is distroying my life do u think an hypnotist would help me get over my

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. profile image52
    denise corcoranposted 13 years ago

my past is distroying my life do u think an hypnotist would help me get over my bad past?

just need a bit of help with my over active mind its killing me

2. amscott65 profile image60
    amscott65posted 13 years ago

Hi Denise!  I have no idea what your bad past entailed, so I'm going to wing it a little bit.  From what you've posted, it seems that you have been through a lot, and there are a lot of thoughts and feelings that are constantly running through your mind, thus keeping you from dealing with life as it comes because you are always dealing with the issues of your past.  I'm hoping that covers it.  :-)

Hypnotism is a valid and accepted branch of the overall psychological treatment package.   But it isn't, on it's own, going to help you much.  If there were issues that your mind is protecting from you by means of memory loss, it might be viable in order to recover that memory.  But that doesn't sound like the issue.

The one thing that I would suggest above all else, is journaling.  Keep a journal with you at all times, and write down EVERYTHING that comes to your mind.  Probably there are several people in your past who have contributed to your mental turmoil.  Create conversations with them that deals with these issues of your past one-by-one. 

With this journal, you can write those people letters that say all the things you want to say.  One thing I found helpful for myself was to incorporate my faith into my journal.  I would write letters to the people who had hurt me, then write letters to God asking Him for his help in forgiving those people.  I would ask God to help them to see how they had hurt me so that maybe they wouldn't hurt other people in the same way.  I would write/pray that I would be able to let go of the bad feelings that I had been allowing to rule me in such a destructive way.

The one thing you need to remember is that dealing with the past is painful.  It sucks, but it's actually supposed to be.  But that pain, like the pain of bones knitting back together, is a healing pain.  If you aren't willing to accept that realizing pain, healing cannot occur. 

Make sure you have people you can talk to close by; people you can either talk to about what you are trying to do, or at least can help you turn your mind to happier things when the healing gets intense.  There are loads of counselors who work on sliding payment scales, who can help you and be there with you.

It's a difficult journey, and it often doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it's rewarding in the end.  Having been through a lot of this, I can tell you that you can do it!  :-)

Good luck!
    Michelle

3. profile image0
    cnslrwebbposted 13 years ago

If you're seriously looking into hypnotism as a way of dealing with your past you need to consider some important things:
    1. Am I willing to give up control of my mind to another individual?
    1.Am I willing to submit the control of my actions to the hypnotist?
    2.Am I willing to run the risk of being exploited? If under hypnosis, I commit a crime like murder or rape, am I willing to suffer the consequences?
    3.Will the therapy provide long-term results or just short-term improvement?
    4.Will I become addicted to the therapy in order to get the desired results?
    5.Can I find lasting help through other means, like counseling or medical help?

If you do chose to sekk hypnosis therapy, make sure you are working whith someone with a clean record and good history of practice.

4. profile image0
    jasper420posted 13 years ago

the best way to get over your past is forgivness forgive thoose who have hurt you and forgive yourself have no regrets start looking at today not yesderday and not tommorow

5. profile image53
    tlmntim9posted 13 years ago

Sorry no, mumbo jumbo cures nothing, Christ forgives all things, and so do real friends, family and that one special person who loves you for ever, just as you are.
    Tim W
    tlmntim9

6. profile image0
    Pachuca213posted 13 years ago

If you are trying to get over your past, then you must regret it? If so then obviously you have repented from that way, if it is then in your past? God forgives you even before you forgive yourself.

Take this story:

Two kids playing in the yard together while the mother is watching them from her kitchen window as she washes the dishes.
    One of the kids has a slingshot.
    The one with the slingshot shoots up at the tree.
    Then suddenly a bird falls to the ground dead.
    The other child says to the one with the slingshot, lets bury it and mom won't know.
    So they bury it and go on with their life, but the child who accidently shot the bird feels bad inside.
    All the while the mother saw the entire thing.

Later the mother tells the other child to take out the trash. Being that she has dirt on her brother she tells him "take out the trash for me or I am going to tell on you"...so he does.
    Next she is blackmailing him to clean her room, and clean of the table, do her chores. Finally the little boy cannot take it any longer and runs to confess to him mom in tears.

And she said, I know you did this, I saw you do it. I was waiting for you to come to me and tell me, I was waiting to see if you were sorry.

GOD forgives us before we can even begin to forgive ourselves. Remember that. Your past is the past, your future is a blank canvas that you can fill with whatever you like. Make it beautiful! Because thats what GOD wants you to do.

And my answer would be NO to hypnotism, its leaves your mind TOO OPEN for suggestion and although everyone has a right to their own opinion, I believe that evil does exist and I wouldn't want my mind to be open for ANYTHING to get into it - JJ

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)