jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can the super bug problem be at all attributed to users of antibacterial soap?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image83
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

Can the super bug problem be at all attributed to users of antibacterial soap?

2. Enlydia Listener profile image60
    Enlydia Listenerposted 7 years ago

I am sure that is one of the causes...also antibiotics that have been too often prescribed...one solution is to mix it up, so the smart bugs cant figure it out....I like to use a variety of herbals...

3. ellacor profile image54
    ellacorposted 7 years ago

Definitely I think so because I believe we can become obsessive with cleanliness. Sure we have to be clean but we need to build up a resilience to these bugs. I agree with Enlydia antibiotics are too readily prescribe. We nee to build up our own resistance to these bugs. Alternative therapy remedies I believe will help us to answer this invasion.

4. dragonlady1967 profile image85
    dragonlady1967posted 7 years ago

I love my dad's theory.  People just don't play in dirt like they used too.  I don't remember being sick as a child and I lived on a farm and played in the dirt all the time.  Now grown up....antibacterial everything...gee, I seem to catch more colds than I can remember.  Hmmmm?

5. SteppingForward profile image57
    SteppingForwardposted 7 years ago

Our rule.. Wash and Sanitize after using public restrooms, Wash in any fountain or from a water bottle at parks and wash with soap and water at home.  It works for our family, we rarely get colds or any other illness.  But to try to answer your question I believe the soap isn't to blame. Maybe manners, hygiene or a lack of God's earth.  Nice comment dragonlady