Do you think herbal medicines and alternative method of treatment will overlap m

1. gajanis786 profile image86
    gajanis786posted 7 years ago

Do you think herbal medicines and alternative method of treatment will overlap modern day treatment?

2. SuperiorInteriors profile image80
    SuperiorInteriorsposted 7 years ago

In many ways, alternative methods of treatment and herbal medicines do overlap with modern medicine. For example, it's not uncommon for a doctor to recommend physical therapy such as yoga, or a deeply therapeutic massage, or some other non-drug, non-surgery, non-stasis mode of medicine. Additionally, I remember once getting a bacterial infection and was given the normal antibiotics, but my doctor also recommended that I buy a specific type of herbal tea to supplement the pharmaceuticals. I believe this is quite common; while alternative and herbal remedies are no substitute for modern medicine, they already can and do make a great supplement to the primary treatment.

3. Beege215e profile image65
    Beege215eposted 7 years ago

While I do agree with Superior, I think that herbal alternatives are less in use in the United States than in other countries.
    Things are changing and for the better. I have RA and I read about drinking warm water with honey and cinnamon in it as a relief for pain and swelling of joints.. I asked my doctor, who is from another country, and he smiled and said that lhe would have recommended it, but most Americans don't believe in that sort of thing. He agreed that it has shown to work for a lot of people instead of just using chemical painkilling pills that can cause side effects.

Closed to reply