how do you know when the meds stop working? My doc keeps upping my doses but I

1. profile image49
    Shelwants2Bfreeposted 7 years ago

how do you know when the meds stop working?  My doc keeps upping my doses but I still don't feel...

any better.

2. Stan Fletcher profile image75
    Stan Fletcherposted 7 years ago

First of all, you should be commended for seeking help.  That's the first step.  Secondly, all drugs don't work the same for all people.  I've tried many.  The one I'm on now, generic Effexor, seems to work best for me, but that may not be true for you.  How long have you been on the drug?  What is it?  What is your dose?

3. profile image49
    Shelwants2Bfreeposted 7 years ago

I was taking 300mg of effxor XR and added 300mg of wellibutrin for the side effects from the effexor. Have been taking them for about 1 to 1 1/2 years, started out at 75mg the moved to 150mg then to 300mg. Then doc added 10mg of ambien to help me sleep. I stopped all of them before christmas because I was having stomache aches, head aches(from teeth grinding), and the shakes really bad.  Over the last few years I have taken several different drugs such as prozac and lexapro mixed with wellibutrin.  The side effects from them all have been worse than the helping effects of them.  I had alot of uncontrolable urges on prozac and very angry with lexapro. I dont know if this doc is the one I should be getting meds from.  It's almost like he listens then just tells me to up the dose and hang in there. So I up the dose and seem to go in and out of the funk. (that's what I call it)

working