jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you set aside time for yourself during the course of a day or week?

1. jagandelight profile image78
    jagandelightposted 7 years ago

Do you set aside time for yourself during the course of a day or week?

2. Ellen Page profile image57
    Ellen Pageposted 7 years ago

Saturdays are usually the day I take just for "me" stuff.  I volunteer at the local Humane Society in the morning because beings around dogs puts me in a good mood and it is the few times I get to exercise during the week by walking.  After I get home I am literally "dog-tired" and have lunch, take a nap, watch some TV, or do some writing.  I am a full-time student so I get much of a chance for this on schooldays! I also try to take a 1/2 hour to an hour after coming home from school to relax before starting homework and errands.

3. Midnight Oil profile image80
    Midnight Oilposted 7 years ago

Everyday - I stay up later than the rest of my family and this is me time.  I do some writing, relax down with a book, the spend 10 minutes or so meditating on the day before bed.  I also get up and walk four miles along the sea front promenade before breakfast and work and often listen to an audiobook while walking - sets me up for the day

4. Just Ask Susan profile image91
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

My time is in the morning before anyone else gets up in the house. I am a very early riser and am up anywhere between 4 am - 5am. This is my time to just sit, reflect, maybe write something before I start my day.

5. AskAshlie3433 profile image56
    AskAshlie3433posted 7 years ago

I think it is important to set time aside for yourself. Sometimes, it helps with stress just to be somewhere quiet.

6. plogan721 profile image83
    plogan721posted 7 years ago

I should make time for myself, but I don't.   after dealing with my businesses, family, church family, and anything else that is not me, the best I can do at the end of the day is take a bath and go to bed.
    The weekend I try to, but it is hard.

7. profile image0
    Joshua526posted 7 years ago

I set aside one hour a week for reflection and planning tasks for the upcoming week, I continually plan and evaluate to know what works and what's not.