jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If your girlfriend has different views on diet, fitness, health then you..

1. PinotsHub profile image57
    PinotsHubposted 7 years ago

If your girlfriend has different views on diet, fitness, health then you..

is that enough grounds to split up (after 4 years), even after you asked her if she can change for you (and her healthy) but do not expect it?  And I am willing to do anything for her.

different views, female overweight (20 lbs), male athletic body type

2. Stina Caxe profile image86
    Stina Caxeposted 7 years ago

Well on the surface it does appear to be a shallow reason to split up.  If you love someone then you should love them even if they have an extra bit of squish to them.  However, I think that if you are watching someone you love really hurt themselves by their lifestyle choices and they will not listen to any help or encouragement to get better that you offer them then it is understandable to want to end the relationship. 

I ended a friendship once because I was worried about a friend that was heavily into drugs and no matter what I did to help I couldn't get through to her... finally I had to say goodbye because I didn't want to watch her die.

If I had a problem, I would hope that my partner would be supportive and want to try help me out before up and splitting.

3. Dr. Wendy profile image65
    Dr. Wendyposted 7 years ago

You should never expect someone to change for you.  Set the example but let her make her choices.  Maybe she will come around, maybe she won't.  If you are willing to do anything for her, are you willing to love her even if she is 20 pounds overweight?

4. Dawit T profile image75
    Dawit Tposted 6 years ago

That itself shouldn't be a reason to break up. If you can stay happy together and love each other, then there shouldn't be a problem. I believe that the only reason a couple should break up is if they don't love each other anymore. You should make up with yourself if you love her or not.

(Since this question is a bit old you might already have broken up, but still....)

working