jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

At what point do you take a sick child to the doctor?

1. Dr. Wendy profile image66
    Dr. Wendyposted 7 years ago

At what point do you take a sick child to the doctor?

2. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

With kids, this is always difficult to know.  At the very least, call and speak to the doc's nurses.  They can tell you more accurately when to bring the child in to see the doctor.

3. profile image49
    AshlieghBposted 7 years ago

Dependant on the symptoms of the child but suggestion would be honestly what a mother feels.  Mothers instinct is a natural one and Moms/Dad's normally have a sense.

4. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 7 years ago

Well if your a first time Mom you proably go every time :0) but when the second one arrives you have been trained....raised two boys...but seriously either call your mom, neighbours with children or your friend at the daycare center and give them the symptoms and more than likley they will put your mind at ease..also go -line to ask a nurse ..i think thats what its called ...or a moms fourm...Best of luck..
    Mike :0)

5. mandyf profile image64
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

My first child had ear infections like crazy we were at the doctor monthly. as soon as she had tubes put in her ears we had no more pronlems at age 13 she has yet to be sick. My second has severe asthma inand out of hospitals constantly so at the first sign of a wet cough or stuffy nose we go. My son had asthma and strepwas a constant factor. Tonsellectomy seemed to rid him of both. So he usually just goes for checkups and physicals for sports. Depends on the child and any factoring issues

6. albc profile image61
    albcposted 7 years ago

the point is - day 3. if my children still sick after 3 days of taking paracetamol then i am surely run to the doctor..

working