jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do I become comfortable with my body?

1. selene383 profile image60
    selene383posted 7 years ago

How do I become comfortable with my body?

I have always been picked on about how I look, people are always telling me that I would be prettier if i were to wear makeup and clothes that are tight and form fitting or change my hair color.

2. tarynn profile image56
    tarynnposted 7 years ago

Selene -
    The best thing for you to do is first become happy with yourself, and not worry about what anyone else thinks. Once you have self-confidence, it won't matter to you what other people say.

If you don't like wearing makeup, then don't. Find your sense of clothing style and wear what you like.

Also, challenge your body. Often times when we set a goal for ourselves (like running a certain distance) - and the achieve it - it gives us a great sense of self worth and appreciation for our body.

In the end, you can only really answer this question for yourself. But, I would recommend challenging your body, achieving a goal, and then respecting it.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Just feel comfortable in your own body, there is no secret.  Oh, and those so called friends, tell them to keep their collective hooter out of your business, or start telling them how if they were to do this, or that, they would look so much prettier.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

look at yourself and what you do as a person and decide for yourself what you think you should change. no matter what you do, someone will always find a fault if you let them so just worry about how you feel. i'm kinda ugly but i'm in good shape and confident, so i'm a happy guy and my wife is gorgeous and an awesome person so i guess i'm doing something right.

5. profile image54
    Marvelous Menuposted 2 years ago

Sounds like you are listening to them. If you feel pressured, do some of the things that they suggest. See if you like the feedback and adjust your habits accordingly. It could be fun to see their reaction.