How do I know how many points I can have a day

1. profile image45
    breeestepposted 7 years ago

How do I know how many points I can have a day

2. profile image45
    phyl1944posted 7 years ago

I am a lifetime member but have put on about 20lbs...so I went in JUST TO FIND OUT how many points I could have on the new program.  I had to pay the $12.00 meeting fee but what I found out is that the minimum number of points anyone is allowed is 29...fruite and veggies (most) are counted as zero points....she said since I was only about 20lbs overweight..29 is what I was on.  So I gather that it goes up by weight (they have some little calculator they use after they weigh a person in)  As far as I know, there is no way for "US" to figure it out by ourselves.  As for the points...for the foods...the on-line calculators are available to everyone because they have run out of calculators to sell...but even if you don't have a new one..I have found that using my old slide type and adding 2 points is pretty close to what the on-line calculator gives me.

Atkins low carb bars are 5 points and most lean cusine/smart one dinners and healthy choice dinners come in at 7.
    Most soups are 4-5.

I do not loose very well taking in the full 29 points..I loose about 2 lbs a week if I stick to 23-24 points.  Good Luck

working