jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I havn't been able to get a reading on my meter in 3 days. It just says too hi.

1. profile image46
    Anita Jacksonposted 6 years ago

I havn't been able to get a reading on my meter in 3 days.  It just says too hi.  What should I do?

I havn't been able to get a glucose reading on my meter in 3 days.  It just says too hi so I havn't been eating much but now I'm really scared. 
    What should I do?  I don't have health insurance so going to the doctor isn't an optioin.

2. purrnfurr profile image60
    purrnfurrposted 6 years ago

This may sound odd, but try changing your battery.  Most blood glucose meters use a lithium 3-volt button cell battery.  I used to work for Radio Shack, and you'd be surprised what weird things meters do when they need new batteries.  Expect to pay about $5 for the battery.  And don't stop eating!  Monitor yourself for symptoms of high blood sugar (blurry vision, frequent urination, incredible thirst, irritability, etc.) before panicking.

Good luck!

1. Lori P. profile image86
      Lori P.posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for commenting, purrnfurr. I missed this post!

3. Lori P. profile image86
    Lori P.posted 5 years ago

I'm sorry that I missed this question and you posted it so long ago. Please do follow purrnfurr's advice to change your battery! And visit the nearest free clinic for a free reading to get an idea of where your glucose numbers are now.

working