jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Vegetarian diet is good. Do you agree? People are not naturally vegetarians, wh

1. suncat profile image58
    suncatposted 7 years ago

Vegetarian diet is good. Do you agree?  People are not naturally vegetarians, while eating meat...

Vegetarian diet is good. Do you agree?  People are not naturally vegetarians, while eating meat in very limited amount is natural for many, can removing meat from the diet completely be an advisable thing for any person, regardless of anything?

2. Retsuzen Shikata profile image58
    Retsuzen Shikataposted 7 years ago

Sure it can, we've proven that haven't we?

3. drshwetaushah profile image42
    drshwetaushahposted 7 years ago

Vegetarian diet doesnt seem to have a lot of advantages. A non vegetarian diet is rich in protiens, carbohydrates and fats compared to a vegetarian diet.
    However a vegetarian diet reduces the risk of developing gastrointestinal cancers like stomach cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer, oesophagal cancer, etc.
    I am a vegetarian and have never suffered from any major deficiencies. Yes it is possible to be a pure vegetarian

4. bucker98 profile image59
    bucker98posted 7 years ago

Being a vegetarian is good. Veggies are a good source of vitamins but meat is the better source of minerals like protien.

5. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 7 years ago

People have been eating meat for millions of years, so I think people need to still eat meat. smile

6. profile image0
    ellie.wposted 7 years ago

I'm a vegetarian, so of course I think a vegetarian diet is good! smile

It can be tough to make sure to get adequate protein, but eggs and dairy, as well as legumes are good protein sources.  Meat isn't unhealthy--but the typical American will eat too much meat that's poor quality and high in unhealthy fat (ie: McDonald's hamburgers).

7. BlissfulWriter profile image69
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

There are health benefits to going veggie.  Veggie has less calories than meat, so you have to eat more of it in order to get your calorie intake.  And veggies is more nutrient-dense.  In effect, you are getting more nutrients when you go vegetarian. 

But that is not to say that all non-veggies are bad.  I still eat chicken and turkey. But I have cut out red meat (for the most part) because it is high in saturated fat.   I still eat eggs and milk (as there are some benefits to those).

8. fucsia profile image59
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

I am vegetarian and I think for me this is the best diet. I believe that every person should be able to listen to his body to understand wich is the most appropriate diet. This is possible only if our body is detoxified by the toxines that we introduce with the junk food: sugar, fat, fried foods, sugary drinks. I am convinced that some recommendations are for all (eg the meat should be eaten every 2-3 days to allow the body to eliminate the  toxins resulting from its digestion) but then everyone has to find the diet that makes him feel light, active and energetic

9. shubhansh jain profile image59
    shubhansh jainposted 7 years ago

I agree that vegetarian diet is good for i myself is a vegetarian....

10. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

personally i would never want to eat only vegetables. i don't believe it's a healthy way to eat which is one of the reasons most vegaetarians take supplements.