jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Tough one here, to change lifestyle or not for a few extra years...

1. swb64 profile image59
    swb64posted 7 years ago

Tough one here, to change lifestyle or not for a few extra years...

If you were told life expectancy is 75 if you change your life style - or 70 if you don't, then your decision would be?

2. simeonvisser profile image83
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

They say that it's not the years in your life that matters but the life in your years. On the other hand, living a more balanced life which is generally more healthy, is not a bad choice. After all, you'll be dead for a long time and there's enough you can do in those extra years. But there's no reason to live a boring life just to live longer.

3. shogan profile image84
    shoganposted 7 years ago

What would your answer be the day before your 70th birthday?  There you go.

4. Milton Reid profile image55
    Milton Reidposted 7 years ago

Boring and healthy don't have to be synonymous. Like simeonvisser said, I would rather live to 70 doing what I love than to 75 in a coma. But I would gladly give up smoking or start exercising more to live five more years. That's 1,825 days in this world just gone.

5. Matt in Jax profile image68
    Matt in Jaxposted 7 years ago

Another question that should be asked if you're considering this is do you want to live five more years after being a weaker man at the age of 70? You can still go places and do things, but maybe not everything that you'd like to. See where your 'goals in life' list is leading you and if you ahven't accomplished so much, see how that gauges your decision.

6. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

Great Question. My answer is I am changing, but the life expectancy part is an additional benefit for my motivating purpose, though that is proposed by my primary care doc. I tend to not like ultimatums or things involving finality. I much prefer evolving.

7. profile image45
    rjfaria12posted 7 years ago

some time we are confused about our life n life style...but view that point life is runinig on the way...and going to the way where life is want to go........one can try his/herselt to cahnge lifestyle in fewyears or few month if wants should come from heart thats all...smile

working