Do you like your High Deductible Health Insurance Plan?

1. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Do you like your High Deductible Health Insurance Plan?

If you have not heard of High Deductible Health Insurance Plans, you most likely will be learning about them soon via your employer.  The Affordable Care Act, which was passed by Congress and signed into law by the President of the United States in March 2010, has many beneficial aspects for people currently with and without health insurance coverage.  However, government actions in the healthcare sector rarely occur without consequences both intended and unintended in the private sector, one of which has been the increased use of High Deductible Health Insurance Plans to provide employee heal

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

I don't carry life insurance and am only interested in seeing Obamacare repealed. 

So I guess you could say I really DO like "my high deductible health insurance plan" since every dime is out of my own pocket by my own choice.  Can't get a much higher deductible than "infinity"!

3. Buttercupbb profile image59
    Buttercupbbposted 6 years ago

When I first read "High Deductible Health Insurance" I immediately thought of an HSA, which is what I have.  And yes, I do like my HSA because even though it does have a high deductible, it has low monthly premiums, and I even get a discount on these premiums because my employer has a health incentive in which if we pass certain standards in blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and blood sugar levels, we get a break on the premiums.  High deductible health insurance, if it is anything like my HSA, is a wonderful thing so long as one doesn't need to go to the doctor much.

working