jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever helped a stranger? If so, what did you do?

1. Julip Manor profile image68
    Julip Manorposted 6 years ago

Have you ever helped a stranger?  If so, what did you do?

One sweltering day in June, as I was driving home I saw a man walking down the street with a gas can in his hand.  I picked him up and took him to the gas station.  He said, "bye"......and I said I am staying to give you a ride back.  He was so surprised.  He was dumbfounded.   It was cool and I have never forgotten it.  (Normally, I wouldn't pick up a stranger)

2. Naomi's Banner profile image79
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

Yes, on the way to work one snowy morning I came upon an accident and I got out of my car without even thinking and walked up to the car in front of me that had been hit head on and it was a young pregnant girl who was in shock and crying and all she could do was worry that her husband was going to be mad about the car.  I took her back to my car and let her warm up and calmed her down.  I never asked her what her name was but I believe that I helped her from losing that baby as as histerical as she was she could have really had problems. I feel good that I was there and believe God brought me there at that very moment to help her.

3. sam3m profile image60
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

standing in line at a supermarket, the two older gentlemen in front of me were told that they couldn't use the food stamps they had to pay for their food. (don't know the reason)
    i paid their bill, about $30, they were grateful, but i felt great that i could help someone who obviously needed it.

4. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

One early morning before daybreak, I came out to my car in the driveway and found a man standing there asking for a ride.  I really didn't think about the possible danger it could have been.  I simply said yes, thinking how desperate he must be.  It turned out that he was looking for recruits for a MLM scheme he was promoting.  It is possible he did not even need my help.  No harm done.

5. abrarr profile image59
    abrarrposted 6 years ago

it was a few days back when i helped an old blind women cross the road. she blessed me

6. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Its always nice to help people out.  One time I helped a lady carry all of her bags to her car.

Another time my wife and  I helped a lost child find her mother.  We saw the little girl walk out of a mall store by herself.  We followed her for a bit before we got her to turn around and go back to the store.

working