jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a natural sunscreen that really works that I could buy?

1. truthfornow profile image80
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

Is there a natural sunscreen that really works that I could buy?

Regular sunscreen make my face turn really red ~ an allergic reaction, and it seems a lot of work to make my own.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image78
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

You may want to try Kiss My Face products. I've worn several of their sunscreens, moisturizers, etc., and I use their shampoo/conditioner, soap, etc. They're all vegan, all natural, no parabens, etc., and I have pretty sensitive skin and I love these products.

3. mkvealsh profile image60
    mkvealshposted 6 years ago

Aveeno makes one that I tolerate well.  Also check your local health food store.

4. sanathara profile image59
    sanatharaposted 6 years ago

Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel.Cut the stem of Aloe Vera, remove the skin and apply the gel on your face and hands,Not only it's soothing but it is a perfect sunscreen.I use that only and believe me it's great.You can try the solution of Glycerine and rose water.This is also good sunscreen.

5. overcomeshyness profile image59
    overcomeshynessposted 6 years ago

Look into Zinc Oxide. It works differently than typical chemical sunscreens, because it's not absorbed. It reflects the rays instead, and it's usually recommended by dermatologists for people with sensitive skin. Do a patch test on your skin first to make sure you're not allergic to that, too, though. Good luck!

6. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

I live in tropical Brazil and the UV index is extreme. For people who have to work outside, often you will see them covered from head to foot. Today for example we stopped for gas and the attendant came out with his work apron covering his head even though he was wearing a baseball cap. This isn't uncommon, they will use t-shirts to cover their faces and necks and dark glasses.
    Motorcyclists wear protective sleeves (they look like a long sock that is open at both ends).

Often people who are walking will walk under an umbrella using it as a parasol. Hats with the flap at the back and long sleeves. It isn't the image people have of Brazil but here they are very aware of the potential damage that it can do.

7. gtgt profile image60
    gtgtposted 4 years ago

Have you tried Purple Prairie Botanicals or Goddess Garden sunscreens? Both are great for sensitive skin & are very effective.

working