If you have knee Replacement done how many days did you take to be care free?.

1. skgrao profile image72
    skgraoposted 6 years ago

If you have knee Replacement done how many days did you take to be care free?.

If you are over 65 years having one knee joint replaced please give us your views on this with details of knee joint specifications and psychotherapy taken for how many weeks.How are you after this knee replacement.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image96
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

I can't give you all the details because it was my Mother who recently had her knee replacement. I know it was a full knee replacement and she is in her mid 70's. She had this done about 9 months ago now and only had to attend about 8 physiotherapy sessions as they sent her away with lists of exercises etc to do at home. What I will say is a knee replacement is not a miracle cure, and you don't end up 'care free'. She is still stiff and suffers pain, it is just less than before. Additionally they are not designed to be knelt on, so she can no longer kneel down to clean or get to low cupboards or shelves. She is happier since the operation though, and of course the reduced pain is a relief. I don't think she will ever be running any marathons though!

3. Nefarious_Misery profile image69
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

Speaking from my experience (and I was only 17 when I had to have my left knee replaced) but it was over six months before I felt comfortable walking without a crutch, and it has honestly never been 100%. I still have problems almost 20 years later.

working