jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the causes of waking up multiple times during the night?

1. cyoung35 profile image86
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

What are the causes of waking up multiple times during the night?

Why can't I sleep through the night? I wake up about every 2 - 3 hours for no reason, what causes this?

2. Word Caddy profile image62
    Word Caddyposted 6 years ago

There's a thing called sleep apnea -- there're different types, but generally it's when your breathing gets affected while asleep. When the body notices things going wrong with her breathing patterns -- which can be stopped for several seconds or even minutes -- it wakes you up. People with this condition often don't even realise why they have woken up, but as it can happen many times a night, a person can end up with very fragmented sleeping patterns.

3. world-wise profile image62
    world-wiseposted 6 years ago

Personally I blame watching excitable tv just before bed-time.

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image82
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

For me it's because I'm eight and a half months pregnant. There's about a five pound lifeform sitting right on top of my bladder which makes sleeping for longer than three hours an impossibility. I don't know why you wake up during the night though.

5. profile image51
    MedSurgeposted 6 years ago

The possible reasons could be stress or imbalance between sleeping cycle, you might use to work during night and suddenly the schedule is changed. In medical terms it is known as Insomnia. Insomnia is your body's way of saying that something isn't right. Things that may cause insomnia include stress, too much caffeine, depression, changes in work shifts, and pain from medical problems, such as arthritis.

Please also visit our website http://www.medsurgeindia.com/