jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How to develop patience?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image80
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

How to develop patience?

2. rambansal profile image59
    rambansalposted 6 years ago

Patience is an active passivity or passive activity wherein the person restrains him/herself from acting in a hurry. Thus, development of patience requires the person to amalgamate passivity into his/her activity. For this he/she is to be thoughtful enough to anticipate outcome of his/her hurried action if he/she did not restrain him/herself from acting in a hurry.

To develop patience as a habit, the person must stop consciously during an activity in an effort to restrain him/herself from the action as an exercise. With practice of such restrains, the passive activity reaches his/her sub-conscious mind, resulting into patience as an ingredient of his/her personality.

3. Lastheart profile image66
    Lastheartposted 6 years ago

I think patience is developed with experiences that are desperate, nervous and demanding.

4. Allen Williams profile image82
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

Just sit and wait quietly and some day I will tell you how to develop patience.

5. samtenabray profile image59
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

Patience will come after time, you must want for something then deprive yourself of it for a certain period of time.

6. debbie roberts profile image81
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

I don't think it can be taught. My husband is impatient and I've been trying to teach him the benefits of being patient, on the other hand he thinks I'm too patient. I'll be following this question to see if there are any secrets out there!!

7. Smart is Good profile image61
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

You must develop it with the help of will power.

8. lorenmurcia profile image88
    lorenmurciaposted 6 years ago

If you really want to develop patience, be a teacher. As such, I really have to have loads of this virtue as there are a number of individual differences as there are a number of students.

9. shwetha123 profile image74
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

I think patience can not be taught to any one. Its an attribute which develops in everyone as time passes or as you grown up.

10. profile image53
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

If you can believe that "everything happens in divine right time and divine right order," you will trust that the universe has a plan but it may not be on your timetable. Try it as an affirmation, silently or aloud, every time you are feeling impatient. Use the waiting time to learn, teach, observe, and/or appreciate the abundance in your life. Patience teaches us to slow down and enjoy the ride.
    Or become a teacher like lorenmurcia suggested. Patience is definitely a required skill for the job.

working