Is a "Swiss Ball" a good exercise tool to use?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)
  1. ii3rittles profile image81
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Is a "Swiss Ball" a good exercise tool to use?

I looked at some exercises with a swiss, or exercise ball and they seem to be easy yet challenging. I know I need cardio to lose weight, but would swiss ball help me lose weight and tone up? I've gained about 45 pounds over the last two years thanks to stress, anxiety, having to quit my job, chronic neck pain, poor dieting and quitting smoking. Long story short, I want to be my old weight and healthier by my 24th birthday which is about 4 months away. I'd love to be about 20 pounds lighter by Christmas. I don't have many options as most exercises aggravate my neck. Any advice is welcome!!

2. cmontijo profile image59
    cmontijoposted 6 years ago

Well, if you can't do exercise, because it will get you into pain...hmm i suggest you drink plenty of water, cut the sugars, eat salads, get good rest, hmm... make sure you stabilize your metabolism into a fast pace. For example: Wake up early in the morning and eat breakfast, then after 2 hours eat an apple with water, then have some lunch, avoid fried stuff, and make sure to eat in the right portions, then after 2 hours eat a yogurt or another apple/banana and then have a decent meal, and do not eat after 7pm only drink water. Aah another thing you can walk for 30 minutes each day if you can smile))

This is my method and have worked for me, hope it helps you out as well
    Good luck
    I was 230pounds on March last year and now I'm at 180 smile so it's worth a try.

3. debbie roberts profile image85
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

Swiss balls are a wonderful piece of gym equipment. Although not really cardio - they are generally used for stretching, toning and balance, which are important. They are brilliant for strengthening the core muscles. You can use them like a stool whilst on the PC and because they are unstable, you have to use you core muscles for balance. They can be used as a support whilst using light weights, which also uses your core muscles. there uses are endless. I'd recommend you use them to stretch out after a good cardio workout. Using one will increase flexibility and stability. Check with a doctor if you are unsure and have bad neck problems. Goodluck with your weightloss. Slowly, slowly is the best approach!!

4. Zubair Ahmed profile image70
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

Swiss Ball or any other Balls - are good for stretching exercises that will help you improve your suppleness and agility.  To lose weight in a relatively quick time you need to do high intensity training (H.I.T), this will help you improve your cardio and muscular systems.

HIT - is a way of training that allows you to start off slow and increase your exercise intensity fora short burst of time e.g. say you are using the treadmill, start of slow pace and once you have warmed up for say 5-10 mins then increase the pace to a level that makes you run extremely fast for about 5-10mins (depending on your health and ability) - you then gradually slow it down to a level where you are at a comfortable pace - repeat that process for 30-40 mins.

You then do a similar thing with weights etc.

This kind of exercise works faster and you can achieve more in a shorter time frame.

5. fit2day profile image73
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

Swiss balls are excellent tools to exercise with and there's a wide range of exercises you can use them for. As for the chronic neck pain, if it's due to stiffness, I'd recommend neck rotational exercises, you may even want to do those while sitting on the ball before or after an exercise routine.

As for weight loss, what you eat is very important in attaining and maintaining a healthy weight, but I suggest you set little goals for weight-loss and first commit to a diet and exercise plan. It's important to be disciplined, because there will be plenty of times you'll want to make an excuse. Instead of saying you'll workout later, have a sense of urgency and tell yourself "I have to do this now".

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)