jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you happy with your childhood? Is it actually a wonderful dream ?

1. Adikari profile image71
    Adikariposted 6 years ago

Are you happy with your childhood? Is it actually a wonderful dream ?

2. DonDWest profile image61
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

Childhood is overated; it's an exhibition game. My childhood was very unstable.

3. Alecia Murphy profile image78
    Alecia Murphyposted 6 years ago

My childhood wasn't perfect but I enjoyed it. Learning about myself and being able to be as crazy or as curious as I wanted. I'm glad because I had two parents, great experiences and a lifetime of great memories.

4. profile image0
    genaeaposted 6 years ago

I had to answer this one because I am always talking about how "great" my childhood was.  I had so much fun when I was a kid.  I lived in a house full of  family members and of everyone, there were 7 adults and  6 children.  We were able to run and play and be kids.  The "grown-ups" went to a seperate room to discuss "adult" issues, ie., bills, disagreements, world issues; no profanity and no loud talk.  It was a sheltered life and though I wasn't always a happy kid, I was loved and cared for and sheltered.  I hate that everyone does not have this story.

5. Nefarious_Misery profile image68
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

I don't think anyone had a "perfect" childhood. I think most would agree that there were some bright spots but there was a lot of trauma there as well.

6. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Yes I'm happy with my childhood, overall. There were some traumatic experiences which I will never forget that were definitely not what I would call "happy" but, being an optimist I think that, in general, my childhood was happy.

When I hear some of the horror stories of what some children in our world are facing nowadays (sex trafficking, going to bed hungry etc., then for sure I feel blessed and that I had a happy childhood.

working