Have you ever tried for a VBAC? was it successful?

1. rochelj profile image66
    rocheljposted 6 years ago

Have you ever tried for a VBAC?
    was it successful?

2. pinktulipfairie profile image73
    pinktulipfairieposted 6 years ago

I had 2 VBAC's after my Cesarean. And yes they were both successful. It is completely possible to do vaginal birth after having a cesarean. What they will not tell you is. The reason that alot of people say it gets easier after the first child is because your body forms elasticity after births and so if your first child is born as a cesarean and your second child is born by VBAC then its really like going through labor the first time unless you made it all the way to 10 and started pushing and just had the cesarean at the last minute. My first child 3cm before I had a cesarean. My second child 21 hours labor and delivery my third 4 hours labor and delivery.

3. Lou1842 profile image60
    Lou1842posted 6 years ago

Yes, I had a c section with my 1st and a successful VBAC with my second.

I had an epidural with my 1st baby which I believe contributed to my c section as I couldn't move around, which I believe helped to stop my labour. I had a section due to failure to progress - I got to 5cm. With my second, I decided to avoid an epidural and keep moving around. I think this helped my labour progress. The labour and birth took about 8 hours.

Obviously not all sections can be avoided, but I think there are things you can do to reduce the risk and a VBAC is possible.