jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is a cheat meal on your really such a great idea?mentally?

1. musclequest profile image71
    musclequestposted 6 years ago

Is a cheat meal on your really such a great idea?mentally?

I know there are benefits to having to having a cheat meal,but what if a recovering alcoholic had a cheat drink every now and then

2. kr Heng profile image60
    kr Hengposted 6 years ago

Not a good idea at all!  Just like a person who stops smoking!  No such thing as a cheat anything.  All it takes is one and you're hooked again!  Back to your old habit(s).

3. musclequest profile image71
    musclequestposted 6 years ago

Especially since a cheat meal usually consists of High GI carbs or sugars which kicks of a carb craving cycle...

4. Dolores Cole profile image38
    Dolores Coleposted 6 years ago

Their is no such thing as a cheat meal.  Eating healthy means watch the volume of food you eat a day and portion size is important as well. If you are eating right it does affect your mental ability to make right choices and can interfer with body functions.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

A someone who struggles with food-for me when dieting a cheat meal is not a good idea.  For me it is like an alcoholic falling off the wagon.  I end up face first into a bakery cake.  It has never worked for me.

6. normanwinkfield profile image43
    normanwinkfieldposted 6 years ago

I am a life science practitioner, which means i firmly believe there are foods and things that do not belong inside the body, such as: coffee to name one of many. Now for someone to drink coffee until it damaged their endocrine system and being told by friends, relatives and doctors to stop drinking coffee and they continue drink it is cheating? Is that what you mean by "cheat meal"  I advocate obey the laws of nature, exercise regularly, get quality sleep, get massage,  love someone, have a pet, eat only foods that belong inside of a living human body.  NO CHEATING. I don't like the words cheat meal, it sound bad. It sounds like something a stupid person would do.

working