Hi Dr. Cherie, I'm wondering if you and Dr. Ron practice Ayurveda?

1. Denise Beyers profile image59
    Denise Beyersposted 6 years ago

Hi Dr. Cherie, I'm wondering if you and Dr. Ron practice Ayurveda?

2. Dr. Cherie profile image81
    Dr. Cherieposted 6 years ago

Hi Denise,

Nice to see you on Hubpages. We do not feel the need to practice Ayurvedic medicine. It is just another of many ideologies, all of which have something to offer. In holisitc medicine, Ayurveda is just one of the many tools. Ayurveda , the science of life, prevention and longevity is considered one of the oldest and most holistic medical system. It was placed in written form over 5,000 years ago in India, which is about how old acupuncture is known to be.   Supposedly, Ayurveda deals with both body and the spirit. Before the advent of writing, the ancient wisdom of this healing system was a part of the spiritual tradition of the Sanatana Dharma (Universal Religion), or Vedic Religion. Just as with Acupuncture, "mind" was included in Spirit. Now we work with body, mind and spirit, because we cannot be healthy in one or two, but need balance and health in all.

All true holisitic medicine works with body, mind and spirit.  We are holistic because it is balance; nothing works long out of balance. We balance alternative, natural and allopathic medicine and healing, whichever is best for the patient.

I am glad you asked. It is good to know about different methodologies so you can make the best choices for yourself. Just remember, there are a lot of practitioners who call themselves "holistic, but only use one avenue of healing.

God bless,
    Dr. Cherie