jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are your views on aging women, aging gracefully and plastic surgery?

1. grinnin1 profile image80
    grinnin1posted 6 years ago

What are your views on aging women, aging gracefully and plastic surgery?

2. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Aging is a natural progression of life and is indeed a blessing when you think about those who die young and never experience the beauty of aging. We can age gracefully in mind, body, and spirit when we embrace aging for the gift that it is.

When we're younger we view aging as getting old and decrepit; but as we mature, age, and grow in wisdom, we learn to appreciate and understand the value of being able to celebrate birthdays.

I would not have plastic surgery; but don't knock anyone who chooses to do so.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I like to see people age naturally, although I can understand removing bags under the eyes and something like that.  I personally would not do it because surgery has risks and I think I will save surgery for health related issues. 

But if someone wants to have plastic surgery, I think that is fine. I just wish they wouldn't over due it and try to look 30 when they are 70.  People that go that far end up looking very clown-like.

Joan Rivers and Dolly Parton come to mind, as well as Burt Reynolds who used to be a handsome guy.

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 6 years ago

All wome are beautiful, 9 - 90.  Aging is a natural process, surgery isn't, there is no grace attached to surgery, there is to growing old gracefully.

5. nina64 profile image83
    nina64posted 6 years ago

For me personally, I know that I would like to grow old gracefully. All the plastic surgery and makeup will not cover a person's flaws. These things can help to enhance a person's looks. We have to remember that what goes up must come down. Our outer beauty won't last forever. As we grow older, our bodies tend to slow down and we age day by day. There are things that will also speed up the aging process for both men and women such as smoking and drinking; a person abusing drugs can hinder our looks as well. If we want lasting beauty, we have to take care of ourselves, but beauty is only skin deep. It's whats on the inside that matter.

working