jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can the average person use self-hypnosis techniques to improve his or her li

1. Maddie Ruud profile image78
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

How can the average person use self-hypnosis techniques to improve his or her life?

2. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

I have to be honest. I do not recommend self hypnosis, for many reasons. Better to change the way you look at things consciously. Begin by meditation.

3. the clean life profile image80
    the clean lifeposted 6 years ago

I don't know anything about self-hypnosis, but changing your outlook in life and start thinking with a Positive Attitude always helped me to improve my life in many ways.

4. vocalcoach profile image97
    vocalcoachposted 6 years ago

A friend of mine learned self-hypnosis to drop 50 lbs. She learned this technique through a very good Doctor. I never believed in this until I saw it for myself.'

She practiced this everyday and throughout the day. I'm still not sure if what she called hypnosis wasn't simply a change in her thinking.

5. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 6 years ago

Self-hypnosis usually doesn't work.  The mind is a strong beast and will do it's utmost to prevent going into deep levels of the subconscious mind.  Unless you are talking about being prompted by an external means, like a CD.  Tapes will work if you need to be guided, but even then, unless you change the tapes every now and then your mind will get distracted by thoughts - it's what thoughts do best.

In the case of changing thought patterns, usually there needs to be a sourcing done first on the existing pattern/belief system.  Unless the core of it is reached, any form of positive affirmation won't work.  Positive affirmations can become a band-aid with a festering sore underneath.  It's like ignoring the real issues and feeding yourself candy.

I would question anyone who says they are under self-hypnosis, as actually being under hypnosis.  You are the conductor of your mind and unless you can bypass this part of yourself using your own mind through discipline, hypnosis won't work.  Professionals do bypass the conductor, but even then they haven't killed the conductor and he/she needs the attention.

Changing your life, as in weight loss or giving up smoking, is usually done using willpower, a change of attitude and a good support person or group - friends.  And it's often after all else has failed that you find will power is what you have left.

6. shara63 profile image69
    shara63posted 6 years ago

Self-Hypnosis is nothing but a form of meditaion or better say its synonymous to  Meditation....Meditation is a practice in which practitioners train their minds or self-induce a mode of consciousness to realize some benefit. It may involve invoking or cultivating a feeling or internal state, such as compassion, or attending to a specific focal point.... its a state when the practitioner feels tranquility all over...continuous Meditation/ Self-hypnosis  practice makes one spiritually strong, that definitely improves ones life by changing their outlooks in a positive way.

working