jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do to make yourself feel happier?

1. creativebutterfly profile image59
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

What do you do to make yourself feel happier?

2. NarcononVistaBay profile image59
    NarcononVistaBayposted 6 years ago

I try to find answers to my questions and find my reality. I set goals and follow steps to get there. I share time with the people I love. I try to help others and take care of myself. I try to be healthy and do the things I like. I try to be myself and make my own decisions all the time. Pretty much have control on my life makes me happier.

3. kayyluh profile image78
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

I go and be around people who make me happy, if I can't do that then I watch reruns of I love lucy, and friends, they always cheer me up:)

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

This answer goes back to a question I just answered on overeating.  What to I do to make myself happier?  I am not proud to say it, but it would be to eat.

5. Cynthia Perkins profile image68
    Cynthia Perkinsposted 6 years ago

I have a variety of things I do to feel happier, which include:

I dance around the room.

I look at funny animals and babies on youtube.

I recite a list of things I'm grateful for on that day.

I keep a smiley face beside my desk. It really is impossible not to smile when you look at a smiley face.

I feed the birds, bunnies and chipmunks.

I take a walk.

I commune with nature frequently..

I practice mindfulness on a daily basis. Mindfulness is the practice of being more aware and conscious of your present moment without judgment

I sing and hum frequently.

I smile big, for no reason. Even if it is a fake smile, your brain does not know its fake and it makes you feel happier.

The component that each of these activities has in common, is that each of them stimulate the neurotransmitters in our brain that improve our moods and decrease stress.