Is there really a cure for boredom? Read how ripplemaker deals with boredom, going beyond the need to fill it with activities and dealing with inner issues. read more
10 steps to curing boredom-
1. Excercise- Wieght Training or a riveting bike ride
2. Ebay Auction- Find something useless having some value just laying around the house. The excitement of turning trash to treasure always cures.
3. Make a wonderfull new cuisine- Learn how to make a dinner that you've never prepared before.
4. Rent a movie blindfolded- Just go to the movie house, cover your eyes, walk around and rent the first movie you grab. Concider it destiny and watch it intently and get a piece of knowledge from it.
5. Exotic alcoholic mixers- Create a new drink and name it. Use ingredients that noone else would, just make sure its drinkable.
6. Get a friend to come over- Call a buddy and do the list with them, always a party, the more the merrier.
7. Try a new craft- Halloween is coming up, try to design a monster costume or a scary decoration.
8. Go to a place where people flock- I always like to go to the Casino and watch the high rollers blow thier bankrolls, it makes me fel better about being broke. Or try the Airport, there is always alot of sad goodbyes and happy homecomings to watch and share in the emotional moments.
9. Plan a yard sale- Get a whole bunch of useless stuff together and price it, its a win-win, you clean your clutter and make a buck.
10. Go Shopping!- Always a favorite.
1. Try to figure out why you are bored.
2. If you are bored because you are doing something that you have done many times before, try adding something new or doing it a different way.
3. If the boring thing is a physical task you need to get done, try doing it to music or listening to a book on tape while you do it.
4. If the boredom is caused by feeling lazy or tired, take a nap if you can.
5. If you are rested and still feel lazy try to convince yourself to do just one thing.
6. If you are bored because you feel you can't do the things you want to do then try to think up new ways to do the activity.
7. If you are bored because you can't think of anything to do then start by getting physically active.
8. If you are bored because you are mad and can't find anything to do, call a friend to vent, maybe you think of something to do while you are talking to your friend and as you cool down.
9. Burn your boredom online for a worthy cause.
10. Use your new gadgets (cell phone, iPod, camera, etc.
#1 Take a notepad and write down every single possible thing that you like and then what you like to do (as in.... Eat, drink, walk, run, bike, bowling, hiking, trying a new activity from your kid past like jumprope, board games, watching funniest home videos, music videos that make your heart rise in a good way, listening to country music if you usually enjoy rock basically doing things your not use to doing. Including waking up and hour early walking outside, taking a nap in the middle of the day. Going to the zoo or SeaWorld or somewhere someplace anywhere you can go. Write it all down from 1 to 10 or 1 to 100 or 1000 if thats what it takes.
#2 Take your miscellaneous list of things to do, things you like, things you think of but don't normally do, put it all together and mix it all up, you will give your mind a jumpstart and you wont remember why you were bored.
#3 Read read and read all about what you wrote down and start selecting what you want to do and keep going back to this list when you run out of things to do or place to go.
#4 Call some people, involve them in some of your choice things to do to make your interests more exciting and they may have things to offer you enjoy as well.
#5 Exercise choose something new, something NEW NEW NEW and NOT on your list something NEW.
#6 Visit a health food store even if you are not a healthier eater. If you are already a healthy eater, try a new deli or going someplace similar to Britta's Cafe for example www.brittascafe.com
#7 Buy a pack of markers, you know colorful ones and color something, they say it turns on the other side of your brain the "creative side"
#8 Google things to do, Google key words like how to cure boredom or whatever you want to google & see what comes up.
#9 Go to the bookstore and walk through all the sections and get to know yourself, eventually you will find yourself in the same section of interest and hang out there little more.
#10 Detail and clean your living environment including windows and floors and air out your home so you can clear your mind.
I've been bored maybe a couple times ever. The 10 steps above are exactly what I would do when I cant choose what to do at any moment and I have a short attention span to anything other then the things I like to do therefore, works for me, you should try it too. Hope this helps, Lanea :-)
10, 10? Boredom can be solved in 1 step, don't be bored, use your imagination, boredom is internal, not external.
1. Read a book
2.Listen to music (and dance)
3. Watch a video or dvd
5.cook a meal
6.Play a game with your kids (if you have any)
7.go online and chat to friends
8.write a HUB!!
9.look at family photos
10. call a friend
Not necessarily in this order
No more boredom!!
I don't needs ten. First tell yourself that there's no such thing as boredom unless you create it, and second be content in your own company. You don't have to always be doing something in order to feel happy.
1- write articles on hubpages! It really is that simple I spend a ton of time writing every day and Im not even sure if I actually talk out of my mouth anymore lol
1. Make a to-do list of things that need doing around your home, then get on with working through the list!
2. Read a book - if you don't have one, take a trip to the library and get one.
3. Write a hub - maybe one that involves more research and will keep you busier for longer.
4. Watch a film, preferbly one you havn't seen before.
5. Go for a walk, somewhere new, take the dog if you have one.
6. Bake a cake, or any other confectionary item you fancy, bake it from scratch!
7. Organise your music library.
8. Sign up for, and attempt, a writing challenge.
9. Create a bucket list.
10. Grab your camera and get creative.
1. Write regularly
2. Observe all around you for inspiration so you don't get bored - you'd be surprised at what you find
3. Do some hobby or sport like jogging, marathon, swimming
4. Try doing a good deed a day - that'll keep your mind active!
5. Join a group who shares the same interests as yourself
6. Try learning to play an instrument, though one you can practice to your heart's content without disturbing the neighbours too much
7. See what's happening at your local theatre or club and help out
8. Try your hand at a craft/DIY
9. Show off your handy work
10. Sell them - start with family and friends
Check out my website and remove your boredom...
by Amy DeMarco 7 years ago
What do you do to cure boredom?
by Dr Freddie Haddox 7 years ago
Does have faith help us to get a cure, while all the healing is going on? Does prayer helps the healing go faster, or more effectively? Is prayer doing something or doing nothing to help us get a cure from the healing process? We doctors are always striving to get a cure, and most of the time, are...
by cherrymeekins 9 years ago
My name is Cherry and I am 2weeks new to hubpages. I have posted two hubs so far.But I havent made anything on them yet. no comments or friends..So, what am i doing wrong or not doing? I dont understand how the kontera thing works. Ive been trying to get that set up but im having issues.. Can...
by Tessa Schlesinger 2 years ago
What do you do when you're bored?I find the more money I have, the less bored I am. That's because money gives me the ability to go out and do things. Unfortunately, I'm frequently running out of money. So I read, socialize on the web, write articles, walk, go to the occasional movie, etc. But I...
by snehasaha 7 years ago
How to overcome boredom???ever felt bored to the limit that you want to do nothing, just sit and get bored. what did you do to over come this boredom?
by tomtheledge 9 years ago
Help I'm bored, what can i do ?
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|