jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to lower fever naturally?

1. Linda Bliss profile image92
    Linda Blissposted 6 years ago

How to lower fever naturally?

2. breathe2travel profile image79
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

Rub pulse points with rubbing alcohol; swab pulse points with cool, damp cloth; sit in warm tub until water cools to below room temperature.  All of these have helped me reduce my children's fever.  I don't use much of the alcohol, though, and I moisturize the area with either coconut oil or olive oil.

I also have them sip water. 

You may want to administer coloidal silver or oil of oregano to fight any internal infection/bacteria. " For infants and children up to the age of seven, external use only is mandated. Dilute one drop in a teaspoon or less of vegetable oil and massage into the soles of the feet. The oil may also be inhaled straight from the bottle or by placing a drop on a tissue or cloth. For older children the oil may be taken internally. It is advised to use only one drop and dilute it with olive oil, juice or a teaspoon of honey to reduce the heat sensation which may be too strong for a child" -- (from an herbalist FAQ)

Grace & peace~

3. fordie profile image73
    fordieposted 6 years ago

Giving the child plenty to drink is definitely a good idea. Warm water is probably better than cold.

A warm bath helps relieve the pains that go with a fever as well as aid cooling. We have never allowed the water to cool as suggested by breathe2travel but maybe we'll try.

Natural is good but if the fever is serious, approaching 40C, then you really must get the child to a doctor.

4. cloverleaffarm profile image63
    cloverleaffarmposted 6 years ago

A fever is the bodies natural mechanism for fighting off an infection. If it doesn't get too high, let the body do it's job.
    Catnip tea will help bring out the fever. It helps promote sweating, which in turn will lower body temp. Drink lots of cool (not cold) water. This also helps to flush out the body of toxins and germs.