jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it healthy to talk to yourself when living alone?

1. swb64 profile image60
    swb64posted 5 years ago

Is it healthy to talk to yourself when living alone?

Its mainly when preparing and cooking a meal, well I seem to talk out loud to myself, hmmm.

2. Dawn Conklin profile image61
    Dawn Conklinposted 5 years ago

I am not sure how healthy it is, but I don't live alone and I sometimes talk to myself.  It is not unhealthy anyway and you are the only one smile I find sometimes it helps me gather my thoughts

3. Marpi profile image69
    Marpiposted 5 years ago

It's quite normal I think. I do it sometimes and it can be really helpful...

4. Ciel Clark profile image77
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

I talk to myself all the time, and I live with other people.  However, I don't talk out loud.  Does this make a difference?

I think people who live alone just feel more free to have that inner monologue on the outside. 

I think the only time it would be unhealthy is if you didn't have regular human contact and started needing to talk out loud more and more just to hear a voice.

5. profile image52
    perassannaposted 5 years ago

don't worry you are perfectly alright or you are mentally ill like me. simple thing i believe is we need someone always with us to help, direct, remember our things. when you don't have you will treat your self as another person and talked to your self.

working