jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you stop the hiccups?

1. wiserworld profile image90
    wiserworldposted 6 years ago

How do you stop the hiccups?

2. That Grrl profile image71
    That Grrlposted 6 years ago

I try a drink of water. If that doesn't work I have a slice of bread or toast. One or the other always works for me.

3. urmilashukla23 profile image84
    urmilashukla23posted 6 years ago

I have heard that Slow and deep breath helps to stop hiccups. Also, when my kids have hiccups, I scare them with something bad like they are in trouble and that would stop their hiccups?

4. darrensurrey profile image75
    darrensurreyposted 6 years ago

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Did that help?

5. ladeda profile image61
    ladedaposted 6 years ago

My grandma always told me eating a spoonful of peanut butter would make them go away. It's actually worked once or twice.

6. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

I heard that you should hold your breath.  If that does not work, sometimes if you get scared enough they go away!

7. fosginger profile image61
    fosgingerposted 6 years ago

well while drinking water does help, im mean chuggin it, or holding your breath, or a real good boo scene, or you could just walk into a room an old person passed gas in and I've learned after your face turns blue, that wow that threat of your life scared the hiccups away, or you can lay upside down thinking it might help,actually it just makes you hiccup into your jaw, quite unpleasant when you chip a tooth, and everyone is laughing at you

working