How much do you trust your doctor?

1. kittyjj profile image70
    kittyjjposted 6 years ago

How much do you trust your doctor?

Do you take whatever your doctor prescribed?

2. meloncauli profile image95
    meloncauliposted 6 years ago

Not a lot! Since I got older I recognise that doctors are as human as everyone else and therefore can make mistakes just the same. We all know if we're having a bad day for whatever reason and that our judgement may not be sharp on those days. I have read books on doctors and their practices and found out that also like anyone else they have their likes and dislikes of people. Their are acive presciption pusher doctors and those that actually listen and spend a longer time evaluating. Its a lottery as to wether you get the latter.

3. teamrn profile image67
    teamrnposted 6 years ago

I trust my doctor implicitly but I still look Mets up before I take them. Although I have an advantage here, because I'm a nurse. It's also important to check with your pharmacist to see if there are any interactions with other medications you take; because your doctor might have written a prescription in haste.

If there are drug interactions, they're often mild; however, you want to leave that up to the pharmacist to determine If they may affect you. Remember, the side effects you see on TV ads for a medication, are all the POTENTIAL side effects. You MUST be informed of them by law.