jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How Old is Too Old to Get Pregnant?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 5 years ago

How Old is Too Old to Get Pregnant?

Is there a specific age before which you should be looking to get pregnant? What has been your personal experience with pregnancy beyond 35?

2. tarajeyaram profile image60
    tarajeyaramposted 5 years ago

You can get pregnant as long as you ovulate.  However, as you age there are many risk factors associated for the mother and the baby.  There are many congenital defects associated with having a baby after 35 years of age.  Many wait but it increases the risk.  For example, a baby may be born with down syndrome.  These types of diseases are associated with increased maternal age.

3. cookies4breakfast profile image60
    cookies4breakfastposted 5 years ago

I'm in my mid-40's, and I know I don't have the energy to chase around a toddler.

I did meet a woman in her mid-50's who already had two grown children.  She married a younger man who wanted children, so they paid a small fortune to allow her to conceive.  I haven't seen her in over ten years, but I sometimes wonder how the child is doing.

4. profile image50
    VerbalDiarposted 5 years ago

By way of egg donation one can be pregnant at any age. 65 years anyone?

5. ksknair profile image80
    ksknairposted 5 years ago

I wont recommend to get pregnant beyond 35, unless the case is very specific. It is so because you will have a healthy and smart kid if you deliver in and around the age of 30. There are lots of complications seen generally with the mother and the baby when conceived at a much later age.

working