Pros and Cons of Vasectomy?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 5 years ago

Pros and Cons of Vasectomy?

Is it true that vasectomies are permanent and that a reverse vasectomy may not actually work?

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Great question! Opening doors to value systems, philosophical discussion, birth control, decision making, social responsibilities, and oddly, my 'con' pain.

Just go with me a moment. I am making myself vulnerable. I am 57, and have had many an opportunity in life. The one thought to my mind is 'birth control' in those social interactions. Convenience may not be at hand, sort to speak. Those opportunities of mutual consideration could be resolved with a vasectomy.

Or, I'm married. I am 34. We have decided not to have more children. The easiest resolution is a vasectomy.

What is common in my 'male' view is the associated pain. Yeah, snip-snip, go home, discomfort physically for a week or so, pretty much permanent. But, the pain may remain.

Or, I'm 19 and hate kids. I don't want 'em ever. Again, snip-snip. But, oddly there is still pain.

Simply the pro is ease,  convenience, pretty much permanent, and socially responsible.

The con for me is 'pain.'

3. rave1432 profile image61
    rave1432posted 5 years ago

Most of the time it is reversible. It is easier for a man to get that than a woman to have surgery and try to get that reversed. I thought about getting one myself. I do not want children, children are expensive. A vasectomy can be costly as well, but not as costly as a kid. It really depends on what kind of person you are. If you like to sleep around, A use protection if you do or do not have a vasectomy, b it will help prevent from having kids better than a condom, but it will not prevent diseases. I am a long term relationship guy and I do not want kids at the moment and neither does she. If by chance it is irreversible, than you pretty much need a sperm donator, or need to adopt.