What kind of medicine can take care of poison oak in the blood stream

1. rave1432 profile image60
    rave1432posted 5 years ago

What kind of medicine can take care of poison oak in the blood stream

I am fighting poison oak at the moment. I have cleaned everything I have come in contact with and it is still spreading. It has to be in my blood stream. Is there any type of medication that can help it stop from spreading that I can get from any store without a prescription?

2. butterflystar profile image80
    butterflystarposted 5 years ago

Calamine Lotion, Also Organic Coconut Oil is excellent for Skin irritations, eczema etc. Some people are extremely allergic to Poison Oak and it can leave scars, you may want to try some Benadryl, its excellent for any type of allergic reactions. I have an article on Coconut Oil which cures many skin ailments that you can buy at Walmart for under ten dollars, it would be worth a try, good Luck smile

3. sehrm profile image78
    sehrmposted 4 years ago

Unfortunately, this is a misconception.  The poison oak rash does not spread, rather it pops up in new spots and inflames at different rates.  Some people get poison oak rashes only in spots where they cam in contact with the plant, while others get a full body reaction.  Either way, there is no spreading, and all you can really do is wait it out.  Don't worry, the poison oak is not in your blood stream.