jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What are some home remedies to soothe baby ezma?

1. AustralianNappies profile image78
    AustralianNappiesposted 3 years ago

What are some home remedies to soothe baby ezma?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

coconut oil is great for softening and healing it and it's completely natural so no worries about chemicals that may exacerbate the problem.  Get it online or in the grocery aisle - look for raw, organic coconut oil.  I use it myself as I have very sensitive skin.  (you can also cook with it which is a bonus, makes great stir fry).

1. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

+1 on coconut oil. I have been putting it on my son's skin for years and he has horrible eczema when I stop using it.

2. AustralianNappies profile image78
      AustralianNappiesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I use Organic Coconut oil on my own skin, it's beautiful ad a moisturizer, but unfortunately has not improved my little ones skin condition. I am glad it's worked for you though!

3. Anne Kolsky profile image60
    Anne Kolskyposted 3 years ago

Ganoderma, which is a mushroom. It comes in different product/ forms, including soaps and lotions that is safe for all ages.  Be very careful about who you buy from, as some knock-offs are out there (and add things like steroids!  not cool. not cool at all). 
    http://howtochooseyourganoderma.weebly.com/

Wow thank you I hadn't heard of this treatment before!

2. Anne Kolsky profile image60
      Anne Kolskyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Blessings! Hope all works out well for you and your loved ones smile

4. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 3 years ago

until the last decade or so olive oil was used as a massage oil for babies in our region. coconut oil was only used for the scalp and nourishment of hair at the time... now there are many kinds of oils that can help.

Thanks I really appreciate you all sharing your own experiences, it seems it is not an uncommon issue

5. Penny G profile image74
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Oatmeal bath and witch hazel work to sooth the itch.

working