jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone got pregnant straight after a miscarriage?

1. Butterfly67 profile image90
    Butterfly67posted 5 years ago

Has anyone got pregnant straight after a miscarriage?

I have heard that you are more fertile for 3 months after a miscarriage so I wondered if anyone had experienced this?

2. thebookmom profile image75
    thebookmomposted 5 years ago

It actually happened to us twice.  Both without trying.  The first time after one cycle and we lost that baby to a rare form of downs.  The second was without cycling after our downs miscarriage.  It was a long hard pregnancy, but against all medical odds, she is a happy healthy girl.

3. profile image52
    millmegposted 4 years ago

Yes! Like you, I had a blighted ovum miscarriage at 8 weeks (it stopped growing at 5 weeks), I opted for a natural miscarriage in December 2012, and it took 3 weeks to complete, which was a hideous time with bad pain and big tissue passing over 3 days, followed by two weeks or so of heavy bleeding and lots of tears from me. I am 41 years old, and though the pregnancy hadn't been planned, it was very much wanted by me.

An internal ultrasound scan confirmed that my uterus was empty on 12th Dec, but I still had a positive pregnancy test for 3 more days, i.e. the hormones had not yet gone back to normal. On Dec 15th/16th, I had a negative pregnancy test, so the miscarriage was technically complete. But then was surprised to have a bleed from 21st Dec until Christmas Day, with more lumps of tissue coming out.

I started taking vitamins including Maca, Co-Q 10, and Royal Jelly to help my ageing eggs, and it turned out that I conceived again from one-time unprotected sex on 3rd January, without even knowing I was ovulating again - that's just 19 days after miscarriage completed (according to neg preg test), and just 10 days after the Christmas bleed which must've been some kind of period!

I was shocked to conceive so quickly, to say the least. And on the ultrasound scan, they found two corpus luteum - i.e. I'd even released 2 eggs from the same ovary in early Jan. Maybe that was the Maca! I've heard it's potent stuff!

I'm now 6 months pregnant with my first child, with a due date just after my 42nd birthday. It's been a bittersweet experience, as my partner, a commitment phobe who was secretly relieved by the December miscarriage, couldn't handle the 2nd pregnancy and ditched me and the little one... but this little baby was surely meant to be, so I am very happy with my little miracle so soon after the trauma of the miscarriage.

1. Butterfly67 profile image90
      Butterfly67posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Aw congrats millmeg, I'm so glad you have got your little miracle. So sorry that your partner left but like you say it was meant to be and your little one will be much loved. Best of luck xx

working