Have you ever had major surgery before?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Have you ever had major surgery before?

Have you ever had major surgery before?  If so, what was it, and do you have any advice for others, or encouragement as they go through it?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

A couple of times.  C-sections are considered major surgery and afterward getting around can be "ouchy."  My advice is to move as much as possible, get up when they let you and push through and walk the halls of the hospital endlessly - you will heal much faster.

First major surgery was a salpingectomy (for ectopic pregnancy) and the same thing hold true.  They cut into your abdominal area and moving and walking is the best medicine once approved the the doctor.

3. Writer David profile image77
    Writer Davidposted 5 years ago

I had emergency gallbladder surgery (I have a hub on my experience) back in October of 2010.  It is not something I want to ever go through again.  The best advice I can give anyone is to be patient.  You will not be able to bounce back as quickly as you would like, regardless of your age.  Seriously, if you have never taken a doctor's advice before, after surgery would be a good time to start.  Do not be surprised if you have some unpleasant side effects.  Just take your medicine and take it easy.

working