jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

What is the Best Advice you have ever gotten?

1. lannm profile image59
    lannmposted 5 years ago

What is the Best Advice you have ever gotten?

2. Omnivium profile image78
    Omniviumposted 5 years ago

One was from my philosophy teacher. He said if you are hoping, you are not doing. So don't hope for something to happen, make it happen!

And another one was a picture I saw today. It was one of those papers that you pin to a wall with tabs on the bottom for people to take if they want information. The paper said please take one. The tabs all said chance.

3. ptosis profile image71
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

From proverbs, better to eat alone in the desert with a crust of bread than to have a fine dinner in a beautiful house with a contentious woman  & keep you mouth shout.

1. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

4. Ciel Clark profile image73
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

I've gotten a lot of good advice over the years, but three that come first to mind--
    Save as much as you can, and don't get into debt
    Wear a seat-belt and never drive after drinking
    Enjoy each moment

5. teyeger82 profile image77
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

People often have an inflated sense of their worth in the workplace. Many people think they are indispensable. One manager told me that the place somebody leaves when they leave a place of employment is the like the place your hand leaves in a bucket of water when you remove your hand from the bucket.

6. qeyler profile image55
    qeylerposted 5 years ago

I want to open by saying I received these pieces of advice when I was 14 years old from a peer named Ester ;

1.  If it is not what you really want, quit.
    2.  It is not your problem.

1. I had a part time job that was stressing me out, and she gave me that advice, and I quit.

2. I was upset about a decision which would serious impact on Student Gov. and I went to the room where the meeting would take place and I couldn't get in; and she said that.

Those two simple statements usually answer most questions.

7. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

My best friend Natasha (http://garifalia.hubpages.com/hub/Ode-to-Nattie) ALWAYS tells me to focus on the positive and not ponder on the negative.

It's hard to do at times but I do my best.

8. belleart profile image87
    belleartposted 5 years ago

Never buy anything unless you have the cash upfront!  definitely best advice ever, especially in times when people are now unable to pay back loans and mortgages!
    Also, I know a few people who took out loans to go travelling for a month or two and now they'l be paying them back  for 10 years, was it worth it?

1. Ciel Clark profile image73
      Ciel Clarkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great advice.  Except for houses, I have never bought on loans  --even cars I have always saved for.  Travel should be saved for and enjoyed--  I worked a lot of hours saving for that next plane ticket!