jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does Milk Thistle really help in cases of liver dysfunction?

1. navneetjha profile image74
    navneetjhaposted 5 years ago

Does Milk Thistle really help in cases of liver dysfunction?

I have been told by doctor that my liver is not well and I need to take care of it. I have done some research on internet and came to know that Milk Thistle helps in improving liver health. However, I am not sure if this is true or not. Has some one tried this earlier?

2. Bonitaanna profile image79
    Bonitaannaposted 5 years ago

Yes, I am an Herbalist and Iridologist, and I use Milk Thistle all the time.  It restores the function of a sick liver.   Milk thistle can block damages to the liver including if you take anything or eat something like poisonous mushrooms.  The one called Amanita is fatal, it can destroy your liver cells.  Milke Thistle is actually an antioxidant and it protects you against free radical scavangers.  It can even help us against having plaque buildup in the arteries.  It also helps to prevent us  from getting sick.  It is high in bioflavanoids and that is great for the veins and arteries.  Liver regeneration is actually speeded up when it comes to damaged tissue. It also protects us from Chemotherapy.  When someone is on that, they should also take something to prevent damage from it.

3. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I don't think I can say it better than Bonitaanna. But, yes, milk thistle is great for the liver. I have some tea most mornings that has milk thistle in it. The tea also has other ingredients in it that help to detox the body. I would definitely listen to your doctor and be glad that they know of a natural remedy instead of medicine. Wishing you a healthy liver and healthy body!

4. navneetjha profile image74
    navneetjhaposted 5 years ago

Thanks Bontiaanna and fitmon for your response. I have also checked with my other friends, and they have confirmed what you have said above.

5. profile image60
    Debarati Mukherjiposted 9 months ago

Oh my god.Take care of your health:( Rest u Google.

working