jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

How do you know if You have diabetes without going to a doctor?

1. Deborah Brooks profile image79
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

How do you know if You have diabetes without going to a doctor?

How do you know if you have Diabetes without going to the doctor? and what should you not eat if you do have diabetes or even if you do not.

2. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Good question.  Because my family has this history, I knew the signs for the disease: great thirst, dizzy spells, tired feeling, craving for sweets, etc.  I follow a healthy diet and exercise and I believe this has kept me from getting this disease.

3. JustForHearts profile image56
    JustForHeartsposted 5 years ago

The major symptom of having Diabetes is 'NO SYMPTOMS'. Thus getting an annual check up done with your doctor is good. Few Risk factors like family history, being overweight, unhealthy diet pattern,etc make you prone to the disease.
    Commonly seen symptoms are Frequent Thirst, Frequent Urination, Increased hunger ,Tiredness, fatigue. delayed wound healing. It is not necessary that everyone may experience these symptoms. Symptoms may vary.

4. Pamela99 profile image86
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

I don't think you can know for sure without going to a doctor and getting some blood tests. If you have the symptoms listed by teaches or if you have a family history of diabetes, then blood tests should be done. There is one called  a hemoglobin A1c test that will reflect your blood sugar levels over a 3 month period.

1. tobusiness profile image87
      tobusinessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Get some dipsticks from the chemist and test your urine for glucose, but if you have any concerns, the best thing is to consult your doctor or you health care provider for the appropriate tests.
      Check out my hub on type 2 diabetes for more informati

5. padmendra profile image47
    padmendraposted 5 years ago

Well advising and dreaming of that you might be suffering with Diabetes without visiting the doctor is not a healthy decision.However their are some signs that are mostly noticed and they are-your injuries would not heal as quickly as others and might also bring some complications,their might be seen swelling on the foots in some cases,some also require to visits the washroom many times a day and find a lot of smell in the urine.

6. harmony155 profile image69
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

You may start to notice fluctauations in you eyesight-- this is a classic indicator of unstable blood sugar levels caused by diabetes.

7. Deborah Brooks profile image79
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

Thank you all for your wise answers.. I will be having my blood check this week.. I guess I am just scared

8. profile image53
    healthhealposted 3 years ago

Individuals can experience different signs and symptoms of diabetes, and sometimes there may be no signs. Some of the signs commonly experienced include:

Frequent urination
    Excessive thirst
    Increased hunger
    Weight loss
    Lack of interest and concentration
    A tingling sensation or numbness in the hands or feet
    Blurred vision
    Frequent infections
    Slow-healing wounds
    Vomiting and stomach pain (often mistaken as the flu)
    The development of type 1 diabetes is usually sudden and dramatic while the symptoms can often be mild or absent in people with type 2 diabetes, making this type of diabetes hard to detect.

If you show these signs and symptoms, consult a health professional.For more information, visit the following link http://healthheal.in/diabetic%20care%20 … ennai.html