What do you do to help ensure that you make (self-set or externally set) goals a

1. buckleupdorothy profile image82
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

What do you do to help ensure that you make (self-set or externally set) goals and deadlines?

If you don't make a deadline or meet a goal, can you pinpoint what happened?

2. That Grrl profile image63
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

| don't tell anyone else about my goal. That goes against popular opinion. But, once I tell someone I have to listen to their advice, their nagging, etc. That is almost a guarantee that I will end up giving up and forgetting the whole thing. It doesn't matter that they mean well. My family tend to analyze and pick on everything, looking for every least negative thing. They don't understand how discouraging that is.

3. crazymom3 profile image77
    crazymom3posted 5 years ago

I use my cell phone to write a note or write it on the calendar,  if not I am bound to forget.  I also write it on a white board at home and I plan out which day and how much time I am going to devote to it. Sometimes working on something a little bit at a time but every day.  Other times working on it only one day out of the week but for an hour or two.  Usually the latter works best.  If I don't make a deadline or meet a coal I absolutely usually know what happened and it's usually that there wasn't enough time and other matters of higher priority needed to be done first.

working