jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you consider age to be just a figure?

1. Anjili profile image81
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Do you consider age to be just a figure?

2. s.wilson profile image71
    s.wilsonposted 5 years ago

Age is just a figure when it comes to mentality.  There are many wise, profound 25 year olds, and ignorant, annoying, immature 60 year olds.  It depends on experience and ability to process information, empathy, and emotional maturity.

Age does play a bigger role when it comes to physical health.  It doesn't matter what you intellectual functioning is, your body still ages at a certain rate (which can be increased or decreased based on your habits).  In this case, age is a valuable piece of information that plays a part in healthcare.

3. jbosh1972 profile image95
    jbosh1972posted 5 years ago

Age is a state of mind and a summary of that persons circumstances.  Maybe you have heard that a poor mans 38 is a rich mans 50.  Also, different kinds of stress affect different characters in many ways.

4. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

Nope.  The fact is that humans age and die.   And although there are of course varying degrees of mental maturity/behavior among all people no matter their age, the truth is that age is not "just a figure" at all.    The truth hurts! ha.  But 'tis the truth.

5. Disappearinghead profile image78
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

Yes. Our bodies may age but we may still feel young in our heads. I'm 43 but I feel 23 and when I look in the mirror I often expect to see a 23 year old looking back.

6. MazioCreate profile image71
    MazioCreateposted 5 years ago

For me, age is definitely just a chronological number.  My mind & body are always up for a challenge and I love to pursue any that come my way.  Being physically fit I can still get involved in many activities and riding over 200 kilometres a week keeps me wanting more.

7. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

I would if it didn't come with wrinkles, decreased mobility, organ wear, and other negative effects.

working