Why teeth gone rotten even if one cleans them daily and take care of it?

1. ahmed.b profile image75
    ahmed.bposted 5 years ago

Why teeth gone rotten even if one cleans them daily and take care of it?

One of my friend clean his teeth carefully and take care these but even then cavities have developed in his teeth. Is it something natural or can it be avoided some how. And what are the best measures one can do in order to safeguard his/her teeth, so that they remain with you throughout your age. And be strong enough to eat any eatable.

2. m0rd0r profile image73
    m0rd0rposted 5 years ago

Sometimes it is genetic and you can't do anything about it.

My grandpa had excellent teeth until his natural demise. My teeth never had cavities and never needed dental filling for cavities.

My brother (we share mutual father only) has awful teeth.

In other cases - your diet is too acidic or your saliva is going acidic because of your diet and regardless the frequent cleaning - the saliva destroys the teeth.

A good dentist can prescribe medical bubble gums or some rinsing liquid for this.

My advice is herbal mint tea and chewing propolis 1-2 times per week (propolis is bee product, often sold in herbal drug stores)

3. visionandfocus profile image71
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

Where cavities are concerned, your diet (what you eat and drink) is more important than oral hygiene. Most people nowadays survive on a highly-processed diet, mostly junk food loaded with sugar (which reacts with the bacteria in dental plaque to cause cavities) and acid (which weakens enamel).
    The best preventive measure would be to improve the diet, cutting down processed foods, cutting out soda all together, and increasing consumption of real food in their natural forms, like fruits and veggies. Also, supplementing with Vit D helps the absorption of calcium, and both are important in maintaining strong teeth and bones, including the bone that supports and holds your teeth firmly in your jaws.