jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you are pregnant when is the proper time to buy stuff needed by your baby whe

1. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

If you are pregnant when is the proper time to buy stuff needed by your baby when they are born?

In preparation for the coming of a new baby, when are you supposed to buy the things that newly born infants need, like crib, clothes and accessories plus bottle feeding?

2. songbirdmom profile image59
    songbirdmomposted 5 years ago

This is a question you need to ask yourself.  Are you going to have a baby shower? If so then you should wait till then.  If not, then you need to wait to find out if it is a boy or girl, start buying diapers in all different sizes every time you go to the grocery store (NOW) and whenever you have money buy the things you will need.  There are plenty of online sites to help you get organized and tell you what you need.

3. lovelife08 profile image60
    lovelife08posted 5 years ago

It's never too early, but me personally, I wanted to wait until after I found out the gender. That way I wouldn't have to hunt down neutral colors. Made it easier on myself.

4. meditatio profile image60
    meditatioposted 5 years ago

When I was pregnant, I kept saying that pregnancy was lasting 9 months so we can enjoy sales !
    I bought gender neutral stuff even when they told me it was a girl because I thought people would offer us a whole bunch of pink stuff already (which was the case). Whenever there was a sale, I would buy some onesies, socks, receiving blankets, etc.
    I bought cloth diapers on the Kawaii diaper website, I was 3 months pregnant ! They were on sale (as they are now by the way) wink .
    I bought my changing table / clothing storage unit very early on and I did not even have the baby bedroom done. I just happened to pass by Ikea :p
    The crib, we got it really late, I gave birth just 3 weeks after we received it, and I was pregnant for 42 weeks and 10 days...
    It all depends on your financial means, the space you have to put that stuff on hold, who you think will give/offer you baby items and the opportunities you are faced with.
    Best of luck on your pregnancy !

working