jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

What do you think will happen, if we all switch to vegetarian meals?.

1. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image71
    NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 5 years ago

What do you think will happen, if we all switch to vegetarian meals?.

2. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

the world's suicide rate would increase, animals would end up over-populating and i personally would hate eating.

NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 5 years agoin reply to this

hahaha.nightwork4 you make me laugh.interesting answer.

3. mbwalz profile image89
    mbwalzposted 5 years ago

The supplement companies would be pretty happy. I can imagine that health would decline, even as waist lines got smaller. Cholesterol is a much needed building block for many important bodily functions including in the brain and nervous system. Vit. D would be even harder to get and the problems vit. D deficiency causes would increase even faster than it is now. The open land for cattle then have to become farms for vegetables and grains - most likely conventionally grown - causing just as much if not more pollution from the fertilizers and chemicals needed to grow so many more crops.

Humans evolved to be omnivores and our bodies do better if we balance our diet, not eliminate an entire type of macro-nutrient.

even more interesting.thanks for sharing mbwalz. love your answer and am increasing in knowledge

2. Michael J Cobb profile image60
      Michael J Cobbposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Bet you think you're pretty smart, don't you?

Well, I do too. (I'm now a little embarrassed about the answer I gave right above yours, but I still think it's interesting, so I'll leave it there.)

All the best, mbwalz.

3. cathylynn99 profile image76
      cathylynn99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

your liver manufactures cholesterol, so you don't need to eat it.

Vit D supplements are cheap and recommended for everyone who isn't getting lots of summer sun.

meat is not a macronutrient. protein is. vegetarians eat protein.

4. ackman1465 profile image62
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

Your McDonald's stock will end up in the commode.....

hahahahahah

5. cathylynn99 profile image76
    cathylynn99posted 5 years ago

we would all tend to live longer as PROVEN by scientific studies. there would be more food to go around, as people could eat the volumes of grain now fed to cattle. the environment would improve.

this said, i am not a vegetarian currently (have been) as my husband doesn't consider it dinner without meat. we don't eat red meat regularly, however, as it raises heart attack, colon cancer, and pancreatic cancer risks.

1. mbwalz profile image89
      mbwalzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The French are pretty healthy they include animal protein in their regular diet. People have been trying to find out why they don't have as many heart problems. Perhaps it's their joy of life which includes a joy of eating good food. Joy is healthy.

2. cathylynn99 profile image76
      cathylynn99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Red wine is thought to be the reason the french have less heart disease. you just make up whatever suits you.

who says vegetarian food is not delicious?

6. Michael J Cobb profile image60
    Michael J Cobbposted 5 years ago

Think we will live longer and develop a stronger human race.

In the Bible, we don't have people eating meat until after the flood. At that point, lifespans take a freefall.

working