jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

How does rain affect you emotionally, if at all?

1. Marsei profile image89
    Marseiposted 5 years ago

How does rain affect you emotionally, if at all?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Oh yes - so much.  We have been having a ton or rain and gray days here in Western Montana and I am craving sunshine. I get terribly depressed if it rains for very long.  Both my husband and I have a serious case of the "too much rain" blues right now.

Marseiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I sympathize.  My son lives in England and is having the same problem there.

3. Richawriter profile image93
    Richawriterposted 5 years ago

Hello, what a beautiful question this is!

Most people become depressed or uninspired when it rains but I'm the opposite!

I love rain! Rain is so romantic for me. The wonderful sounds it creates are so soothing and relaxing, I can lie for an hour just listening to the beat of the raindrops.
    Rain is also wonderful to watch too. Watching the rain drops bounce off the leaves of trees and rooftops is one of my hobbies, seriously.

I also love the fact that rain gives me a deep sense of nostalgia for times long past and puts me into a deeply thoughtful mood.

Rain has a magical effect on me, except when I'm stuck in traffic because of it!!!! hah. Thanks

Thanks for such a happy answer.  It made me smile!

4. pursuitofmind profile image70
    pursuitofmindposted 5 years ago

rain affects me dramatically.  I love the rain.  it is like a friend to me and a close one at that.  if you'd like you can read "in the rain" and "hold me my dear" to see.  it is amazing how something that happens every day can have such an impact on me.  I guess its just because it feels like it washes everything bad out of my life and makes it feel like i'm new.  like I can breathe again and it comforts me.  I hope that answers your question, have a nice day smile

Another person who loves the rain.  I like the "cleansing" idea in your answer.  I asked the question because my grandson speaks often of how much he loves the rain.  And here in New Orleans, we certainly get our fair share.
      Thanks.
      marsie

5. libby1970 profile image72
    libby1970posted 5 years ago

It doesn't effect me emotionally. But it makes me sleep like a baby. I love the rain and the sound of the rain at night time. I even have the sound of rain on my IPhone so when I sleep I can hear it.

That is when I love it too, at night.  Looks like we're in for it here again today.  Unfortunately, I can't sleep!
      Thanks!
      marsei

6. iefox5 profile image58
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Feel depressed in raining days, it is wet everywhere.

You wouldn't want to be in New Orleans right now.  We're in for it today again.

working