jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What you do to ease heel pain?

1. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

What you do to ease heel pain?

Heels that are aching due to plantar fasciitis problem, how they can be relieved?

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

I don't know skyfire. For a little cheer 'to ease heel pain?' I find a friend who is bigger than that heel - smile. . .

3. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

I assume you have seen a physician, usually a podiatrist. The pain may be due to a bone spur, a pinched nerve., etc. Therefore the cure is due to the cause. Ice, rest, and an anit-inflammatory medication may help. I had to get orthodics for my shoes, but they help tremendously.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Never go barefoot and make sure you have shoes with just a slight heel.  Flat shoes really aggravate it.  Orthotics really help but see a foot doc to be sure.

5. Aisla profile image80
    Aislaposted 5 years ago

Stand on the edge of a step with your toes. Hold on to the banister. Let your heels stretch gently by lowering the heels down towards the step below. Hold for twenty seconds and then come back up again. Repeat this3 to4 times 3 times a day.
    If you have developed heel spurs get help to tape your heels and get a professional running shop to fit you with good running shoes if your problem was caused by running! Good luck this is a very painful injury and can take several weeks to get better.