jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How to ease shoulder pains? (natural remedies)

1. flikabing profile image62
    flikabingposted 6 years ago

How to ease shoulder pains? (natural remedies)

2. glendoncaba profile image80
    glendoncabaposted 6 years ago

Get more rest so that your body can heal itself.  Of course a little massage would help.

3. Gypsy Willow profile image80
    Gypsy Willowposted 6 years ago

My partner found that when he took up golf that the pain from an old shoulder injury disappeared. Strange but true! It has never returned. May not work for everyone of course.

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Body's muscular aches and pains, such as Cold Shoulder, are usually due "Dis-Alignments" in the body's posture.

Shoulder pains in general, can thus be due a wrong posture, during sleep, when one continues to rest exclusively on one of the shoulders ... or it can be due one exceeding the shoulder muscle's and/or the connecting ligament strength's limits.

The best natural cure is to "rest" the stricken part ... do not try to "fix" it by sudden pulls or pushes of the limb ... keep it "warm" ... and gently apply a balm, wrap up the shoulder with warm cloth, before going to sleep ...
    The pain will go away in about a week.

5. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Hot / very warm bath with epsom salts does wonders!  smile

6. profile image56
    TajSinghposted 6 years ago

If it is a shoulder injury you are going to want to apply ice to your shoulder within 48 hours of injury to keep the swelling at bay. You can add heat after that time frame to speed up recovery time. You can alternate by applying the ice pack for 15 minutes and then the heat for 15 minutes, and repeat. You are also going to want to keep your shoulder immobilized to prevent further damage to the affected area.

7. shwetha123 profile image72
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

Epsom Salt scientifically known as hydrated magnesium sulfate, which is rich in magnesium and sulfate. Take bath with epsom salt it will reduce one's shoulder pains.

8. Daniella Lopez profile image93
    Daniella Lopezposted 6 years ago

I like to rub tea tree oil or menthol on my sore muscles. My husband has a great deal of shoulder pain, so I do the same for him and it seems to help a lot.

9. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

A good massage and thereafter using a heat pad to put on the shoulder for at least 15 minutes. This should be able to relieve the pain as I had done it several times when feeling the shoulder pain after exercising.

Main thing is to relax the muscle to relieve the pain.