jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is parkinsonian syndrome?

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

What is parkinsonian syndrome?

What are the symptoms?

2. MarleneB profile image98
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

I know someone who has this. Her symptoms are that her muscles shake uncontrollably. She falls a lot and needs help getting around because she doesn't have the strength to do things on her own. Her memory is affected. She has trouble recalling events. She does have medication that works to subdue the shakiness and help her remember, but she forgets to take the medication until it is too late and then the medication takes longer to bring her condition to a manageable state. Those are the only symptoms I have seen with this condition.

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
      Diane Woodsonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank yiou for descriptors, may  I also ask if lithium caarbonate is ever given for this, if you know please let me know. I do appreciate yur response to this question. Is this inherited as well...cheers! Happy hubbing!!

2. MarleneB profile image98
      MarleneBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I remember lithium being one of the medications. I don't know if it is inherited, but no one for generations has it. Some say eating a lot of grapefruit can cause symptoms to appear and should not be eaten once diagnosed with Parkinson's.

3. Hui (蕙) profile image81
    Hui (蕙)posted 5 years ago

Generally, it is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system, with obvious syndrome of shaking, slowness of movement, and difficulty in walking. The cause of the disease may not be known yet.

working