jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Menopause how are you dealing with those emotions going up and down?

1. Virtuous1 profile image60
    Virtuous1posted 5 years ago

Menopause how are you dealing with those emotions going up and down?

I am in Pre-menopause and my doctor tells me that there are many things that they can do to treat me. One is me having surgery that will put me in menopause and I don't have to worry about those emotions and swing moods. The first time I even realized I was in pre-menopause I was shocked but it explained allot of things, and so when I walked out of my visit from my doctor I told myself after having my pity party that I was going to embrace this new change. See we go through changes when where born to adulthood. I am not going to let this thing change my mood I am going to handle it.

2. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

Embrace it. It's natural. There will be many changes, but nothing that can't be dealt with. There are natural methods to help you through it, or just ride the roller coaster. Just enjoy life.
    I can't believe your doctor would perform surgery. He should be banned!

Virtuous1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well I don't think he should be banned you don't know my whole story as far as natural methods I don't trust those things over the shelf, If FDA hasn't approved it I won't put it into my body.

2. cloverleaffarm profile image64
      cloverleaffarmposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are right, I don't know the whole story. The way you presented it, it sounded like he was just going to remove things to make it go by.
      The FDA hasn't approved many things, but they have been used by many for thousands of years.
      I wish you well

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image55
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

The best thing is to let it happen the natural way. It happens with every woman, though differently. Mood swings, irritation, hot flushes etc. can be handled with the support of your close ones. Try to be happy, not thinking much about it. Keep yourself busy. Exercise, go for walks  and eat healthy food.
    All the best.

Virtuous1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you

4. BobMonger profile image62
    BobMongerposted 5 years ago

You sound like you have a handle on things. But, being a male of the species, I can't help but wonder how your husband is handling this. We go through menopause with you, you know. Let's say a prayer for all the good husbands who stay by the side of their spouses when this change comes. If you want to know how you're handling menopause, ask him.

working